Working with the environment is always more efficient than working against it. By considering sustainability from the outset, golf development teams can realize an important opportunity to achieve the highest social, economic and environmental return on investment — to leave a positive legacy from a moment in time.
Award-winning sustainable golf development
Please rollover the numbers to find out more
- Project screening and feedback highlighting sustainability concerns and opportunities. Entry into GEO Legacy™
- Define the concept and masterplan which best suits your site
- Integrate sustainability into landscaping, drainage, grassing and irrigation details
- Build with minimal impacts and fine-tune for maximum results
- Management Planning
- Ensure sustainability is carried into operations after opening
- GEO Certified™
- Announcement as a GEO Certified™ Legacy Development with promotional support
Multiplying the value of great golf design
The GEO Legacy™ programme helps project teams plan, achieve and share the environmental value of their project from concept to conclusion. Streamlined reporting at milestone stages and constructive input from an accredited verifier, helps developers, regulators, and stakeholders connect to find common goals and solutions.
A GEO Certified™ Legacy Development showcases leadership, spotlighting the creativity and responsibility behind the planning, design and construction of a profitable, resource efficient and ecologically rich golf environment.
- Saves money
- Smoother permitting process
- Reduced construction costs
- Lower operating costs, long-term resource efficiency
- Makes money
- Distinct golf product and experiences
- Tax rebates & zoning allowances can apply
- PR and marketing advantage
- Means more
- Place of pride in world golf
- Enriching the planet
- Supporting communities
At each phase of your project, there are practical report forms to complete, making it faster and easier to record your achievements.
Based around the six action areas of sustainable golf, the programme is comprehensive and features 3rd party verification and shared reporting.
Practical guidance and solutions are presented at key project phases, in written guides and from a Accredited Verifiers on-site.